Tuna Coleslaw Lettuce Wraps
Happy summer to you all! I don't know about where you live, but where I live, it's hot like 98 degrees (not the band.) I thought I'd share a quick and easy cool recipe you can make for a summer picnic, barbeque, or just for lunch!
- 1 can Wild Planet Wild Albacore Tuna
- 1 cup tri-colored coleslaw
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use the Tessemae's brand)
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2-3 lettuce leaves (not pictured but I love using either Butter lettuce leaves or Romaine leaves for an extra crunch)
- Open and drain your can of tuna. You don't have to but I prefer to drain it.
- Add can of tuna to your mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to separate tuna.
- Dice peppers.
- Dice cucumbers.
- Dice avocado.
- Add all other ingredients, except your lettuce leaves, to your mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together carefully.
- Lay lettuce leaves flat on your plate and spoon equal amounts of Tuna Coleslaw mixture onto each leaf.
This recipe came from a "it's so hot, I want to eat a cold lunch and this is what I have in my fridge," kind of day. You can make your own similar coleslaw recipe by adding in other ingredients you have in your fridge.
I hope you enjoy!
Stay cool my friends,