New Year, Same Fabulous Me
Hey y'all, Happy New Year! I hope you had a blast ringing in 2018 with your friends and family members. I don't know about you, but I am r.e.a.d.y to say SEE YA to 2017. It was a challenging year for me in a few different ways. While it did have it's challenges, it was also pretty freaking awesome. I've read so many posts over the last few days about all the great things people experienced this year, but I'm not going to put you through that here. But I will tell you about what I'm anticipating for 2018.
I'm not setting "goals" (I haven't done that in a couple of years), nor am I setting "intentions" (I did this last year.) I'm just doing some "anticipating." You see, I think the verbiage around the New Year really matters. What we say contributes to how we think and how we think contributes to how we do. So I'm choosing to use the word anticipate this year because I can, thank you very much.
Here's what I'm anticipating in 2018:
- More love, all around. Loving my damn self in every way, loving this Earth, and loving others. Fiercely.
- More compassion.
- More power transfers. Power transferring into the hands of the powerless, disenfranchised, marginalized, etc.
- Learning about myself--likes, dislikes, capabilities, etc.
- More speaking up, more speaking out.
- Continuing healthy-for-me choices.
- More body movement.
- Less plastic consumption.
- More traveling!
- More saying "no" and not feeling bad about protecting my time.
- Less saying "sorry" for being me.
- More blog posts and growth for this Fully Well community.
- More Whole30's and Food Freedom.
- More reading and more good books!
- More Netflix binge-watching.
Notice I'm changing nothing about myself because I no longer ascribe to this idea of "I need to change something about myself come January 1st" (or ever for that matter). I'm fabulous always and so are you.
What are your goals, intentions, anticipations, hopes, dreams for 2018? I hope you take the time to think about them and if you feel inclined, please share them with me!
Wishing you all well in the New Year,